Read our customer reviews and you'll see why our clients agree these are...
Supplements You Can
Mega Pre contains non-digestible fibers that support the health and diversity of gut bacteria. Unlike other prebiotics that feed both harmful and beneficial gut bacteria, Mega Prebiotic is specifically designed to reinforce key bacteria without also supporting dysbiotic flora.
- Organic Fructooligosaccharides sourced from non-GMO green and gold kiwifruit
- Organic Xylooligosaccharides sourced from non-GMO corn cob
- Galactooligosacchardies sourced from rBST-free cow's milk
Immune System Support:
Research shows that the ingredients in MegaPre can help support a strong immune system through the production of short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs), which can subsequently stimulate intestinal cells to produce a protective compound known as β-defensin that can help to keep the gut microbiome in balance.
One study found that consuming Livaux® gold kiwifruit concentrate, found in MegaPreTM, could modulate the immune system by increasing the production of T-cells and immunoglobulins, such as IgG, which can help support a balanced gut microbiome.
Another study conducted on the effects of B-GOS on immune function in elderly adults found that the lactose-derived B-GOS significantly increased phagocytosis and natural killer cell activity, two components which are essential for a strong immune system.
Ages 3+: Start with 3 capsules daily with or without a meal for one week, then increase to 6 capsules daily with or without a meal as tolerated. Children under 3 years of age, please consult with your healthcare practitioner.
When Does Dr. Jockers Recommend this Product?
This product contains a wide array of prebiotic fibers that help foster the development of a healthy and diverse microflora. I use this with clients who need to improve their gut microbial diversity to reduce inflammation and improve bowel and immune health.
1. Silk DBA, et al. Clinical trial: the effects of a trans-galacto oligosaccharide prebiotic on fecal microbiota and symptoms in irritable bowel syndrome. Aliment
Pharmacol Ther. 2009; 29(5):508-18. PMID: 19053980
2. Vulevic J, et al. A Mixture of trans- Galactooligosaccharides Reduces Markers of Metabolic Syndrome and Modulates the Fecal Microbiota and
Immune Function of Overweight Adults. J Nutr. 2013; 143(3):324-31. PMID: 23303873
3. Vulevic J, et al. Modulation of the fecal microflora profile and immune function by a novel trans-galacto oligosaccharide mixture (B-GOS) in healthy elderly volunteers. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008; 88(5): 1438-46. PMID: 18996881
4. Duysburgh C, et al. A synbiotic concept containing spore-forming Bacillus strains and a prebiotic fiber blend consistently enhanced metabolic activity by
modulation of the gut microbiome in vitro. Int J Pharmaceutics X. 2019;1:100021. PMCID: 6733369
† These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.