- 100% Secure Payments & Shipping
- 60 Day No-Hassle Money Back Guarantee
- All Supplements are Gluten-Free and GMO-Free
Mega Prebiotic contains non-digestible fibers that support the health and diversity of gut bacteria. Unlike other prebiotics that feed both harmful and beneficial gut bacteria, Mega Prebiotic is specifically designed to reinforce key bacteria without also supporting dysbiotic flora.
- Organic Fructooligosaccharides sourced from non-GMO green and gold kiwifruit
- Organic Xylooligosaccharides sourced from non-GMO corn cob
- Galactooligosacchardies sourced from rBST-free cow's milk
Keystone bacteria like Akkermansia muciniphila, Faecalibacterium prausnitzii, and Bifidobacteria are very important for human health, but their populations can be easily diminished by antibiotics, stress, diet, glyphosate, and other environmental toxins.
Support these types of bacteria have been shown in studies to create a stronger immune system and reduce the risk for chronic illness.
A. Municinphila: A. muciniphila plays an important role in metabolism and has been shown to promote fat loss. Low levels of A. muciniphila have been associated with obesity, diabetes, liver disease, cardiometabolic diseases, and low-grade inflammation.
F. Prausnitzii: F. prausnitzii can increase the production of butyrate, a short-chain fatty acid that can relieve intestinal inflammation. Low levels of F. prausnitzii have been associated with irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) like Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, celiac disease, and chronic constipation.
Bifidobacteria: Bifidobacteria can also increase butyrate production and promote lean body mass. Low levels of of Bifidobacteria have been associated with obesity, diabetes, celiac disease, allergic asthma, dermatitis, IBD, chronic fatigue syndrome, and psoriasis.
Start with ½ scoop daily for one week, then increase to 1 scoop daily with or without food, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Mix into 16 oz of cold water or liquid of your choice.
When Does Dr. Jockers Recommend this Product?
This product contains a wide array of prebiotic fibers that help foster the development of a healthy and diverse microflora. I use this with clients who need to improve their gut microbial diversity to reduce inflammation and improve bowel and immune health.
1. Silk DBA, et al. Clinical trial: the effects of a trans-galacto oligosaccharide prebiotic on fecal microbiota and symptoms in irritable bowel syndrome. Aliment
Pharmacol Ther. 2009; 29(5):508-18. PMID: 19053980
2. Vulevic J, et al. A Mixture of trans- Galactooligosaccharides Reduces Markers of Metabolic Syndrome and Modulates the Fecal Microbiota and
Immune Function of Overweight Adults. J Nutr. 2013; 143(3):324-31. PMID: 23303873
3. Vulevic J, et al. Modulation of the fecal microflora profile and immune function by a novel trans-galacto oligosaccharide mixture (B-GOS) in healthy elderly volunteers. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008; 88(5): 1438-46. PMID: 18996881
4. Duysburgh C, et al. A synbiotic concept containing spore-forming Bacillus strains and a prebiotic fiber blend consistently enhanced metabolic activity by
modulation of the gut microbiome in vitro. Int J Pharmaceutics X. 2019;1:100021. PMCID: 6733369