I was trying to find information on ending my 21 day water only fast and landed on Dr. Jockers site. It had the information I was looking for, plus ordered the Gut Healing Protein. What a great product with great information from Dr. Jocker's instructions. It was such a good product I ordered more. - John
Read our customer reviews and you'll see why our clients agree these are...
Supplements You Can
Gut Healing Protein
Good health begins and ends with the health of your gut. If your gut is damaged or you have an abundance of pathogenic microorganisms it is impossible to be healthy. The gut must be addressed daily in order for one to live a lifestyle that builds health.
The gut lining needs amino acids and anti-oxidants in order to heal and repair. Additionally, the liver needs to be supported in order to effectively remove toxic metabolites that are released from bad microbes as they are dying off. In order to effectively heal the gut lining, there are some great herbs, fibers and compounds that provide incredible support.
Ginger Root, Ginger has classically been used to improve the digestion process. Nine different substances have been found that stimulate serotonin receptors in the gut which provides benefits to the gastrointestinal system. This reduces gut related inflammation and enhances nutrient absorption.
Ginger is classified as a carminative (reducing intestinal gas) and an intestinal spasmolytic (soothes intestinal tract) while inducing gut motility. Ginger is known to reduce fever related nausea, motion sickness, and feelings of “morning sickness.” Additionally, it helps aid in the production of bile, making it particularly helpful in digesting fats (1-3).
Fiber (from inulin and flaxseeds) is a prebiotic that supports production of short-chain fatty acids as well as a healthy intestinal flora. MeadowPure™, an organic flaxseed complex, possesses excellent oxidative stability, supports antioxidant activity, and provides lignins, soluble fiber, and omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids (4).
Glutamine plays a key role in healthy intestinal cell proliferation and gut barrier integrity, immune function, and normal tissue healing (5,6). A 2004 study found that L-glutamine benefits the body by regulating IgA immune response (7). IgA attacks bad bacteria and viruses to keep to prevent infections. Secretory IgA (sIgA) is an anti-body that regulates the mucosal membranes of the intestines, respiratory, urinary and reproductive tracts.
Poorly regulated sIgA responses are associated with food sensitivities and allergies. Glutamine plays an important role in regulating and modulating sIgA to keep the immune system strong and reduce food sensitivity reactions.
These compounds enhance phase I & II liver detoxification
Ellagic Acid: (from pomegranate extract) prevents over-induction of CYP1A enzymes, works at the gene level to induce synthesis of glutathione-S-transferases and other phase II activities, binds directly to toxins and protects DNA and liver cells from oxidative stress (8, 9)
Watercress: This is a rich source of beta-phenylethyl isothiocyanate (PEITC)—a versatile compound found to inhibit phase I enzymes and induce the phase II enzymes associated with biotransformation and excretion of toxins.
Watercress has been found to contain even stronger phase II inducers known as 7-methylsulfinyheptyl and 8-methylsulfinyloctyl isothiocyanates as well (10,11).
Green Tea: Green tea catechins not only support antioxidant activity but also appear to act as modulators of phase I and phase II detoxification (12).
MSM: This improves the sulfation pathway within liver detoxification. MSM also has a significant effect at increasing the permeability of the cells which allows it to flush out excess fluids and toxins.
ANTIOXIDANT SUPPORT & CYTOKINE BALANCE
Bioflavonoids, quercetin, rutin, and curcumin support antioxidant activity, counter free radicals, and support healthy eicosanoid and cytokine metabolism which creates an anti-inflammatory environment (13,14).
BioFlavonoids: These improve capillary permeability and overall blood flow (15). They reduce inflammation and improve deep tissue oxygenation which is critical to healing.
Quercetin: Quercetin has been shown to enhance gut barrier function by having a “sealing” effect due to its role in the assembly and expression of tight junction proteins (16) Tight junctions regulate our intestinal permeability by connecting intestinal cells, thus only allowing the nutrients that we need in and keeping everything else out.
Turmeric Extract: The major anti-oxidant in turmeric extract is curcumin. Curcumin boosts levels of natural cellular anti-oxidants such as glutathione, superoxide dismutase, and catalase. These molecules are critical for the body to limit oxidative stress all day long.
Curcumin’s ability to inhibit oxidative stress & inflammatory prostaglandins across multiple organ systems and multiple biochemical pathways makes it an incredibly powerful anti-aging and performance enhancing aid.
N-Acetyl-Cysteine: (NAC) stimulates glutathione synthesis, enhances glutathione-S-transferase activity, and promotes detoxification. Additionally, NAC has been shown to reduce the overproduction of small intestinal bacteria (17).
Selenium Glycinate: This provides support for glutathione metabolism and antioxidant protection. Selenium also affects the gut flora and helps modify the inflammatory response in the gut.
Zinc Glycinate: Zinc is critical for balancing the immune system and keeping the Th-1 and Th-2 systems in check. It has also been shown to tighten the gut lining in individuals with Crohn’s disease (18).
INTRODUCING GUT HEALING PROTEIN
Gut Healing Protein is sweetened with a natural, high potency sweetener extracted from monk fruit. This generally recognized as safe (GRAS) monk-fruit extract offers a high-quality sweetness and flavor without the bitter aftertaste associated with some natural sweeteners.
Activated cofactors support mitochondrial energy production needed for biotransformation and detoxification. This formula’s ingredients help moderate phase I detoxification, upregulate and support phase II pathways, and provide antioxidant support as well.
VegaPro is a proprietary blend of pea protein isolate and rice protein concentrate, L-glutamine, glycine, and taurine. Generation of glutathione and sulfation cofactors—vital for phase II conjugation—requires an array of amino acids. The combination of pea protein and rice protein, containing a complement of amino acids, achieves an amino acid score of 100%.
The Gut Healing Protein provides high quality, hypoallergenic amino acids and powerful anti-oxidants that help to improve liver function and strengthen the gut lining. Additionally, Gut Healing Protein contains 26 grams of protein and 0 grams of sugar in each tasty serving.
THE BENEFITS OF GUT HEALING PROTEIN
Gut Healing Protein is a comprehensive, monk fruit-extract-sweetened, low-allergy–potential dietary supplement designed to support gastrointestinal (GI) function and balanced detoxification. It contains 26 grams of high quality vegan based protein without any sugar or stevia.
It features VegaPro™, a proprietary amino acid and pea/rice protein blend; Aminogen®, to facilitate protein absorption; phytonutrients; mineral amino acid chelates; and activated B vitamins, including Quatrefolic® and methylcobalamin.
In conjunction with a modified elimination diet, Gut Healing Protein addresses GI and hepatic function as well as eicosanoid balance and cytokine metabolism to reduce whole body inflammation levels.
Commonly Asked Questions
1. How many milligrams of caffeine does Gut Healing Protein contain? 6% or about 5mg per serving.
- Haniadka R, Saldanha E, Sunita V, Palatty PL, Fayad R, Baliga MS. A review of the gastroprotective effects of ginger (Zingiber officinale Roscoe). Food Funct. 2013 Jun;4(6):845-55. Review. PMID: 23612703
- Palatty PL, Haniadka R, Valder B, Arora R, Baliga MS. Ginger in the prevention of nausea and vomiting: a review. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2013;53(7):659-69. PMID: 23638927
- Ali BH, Blunden G, Tanira MO, Nemmar A. Some phytochemical, pharmacological and toxicological properties of ginger (Zingiber officinale Roscoe): a review of recent research. Food Chem Toxicol. 2008 Feb;46(2):409-20. PMID: 17950516
- Adolphe JL, Whiting SJ, Juurlink BH, Thorpe LU, Alcorn J. Health effects with consumption of the flax lignan secoisolariciresinol diglucoside. Br J Nutr. 2010 Apr;103(7):929-38. Review. [PMID: 20003621]
- Smith RJ, Wilmore DW. Glutamine nutrition and requirements. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 1990 Jul-Aug;14(4 Suppl):94S-99S. Review. [PMID: 2119461]
- Lacey JM, Wilmore DW. Is glutamine a conditionally essential amino acid? Nutr Rev. 1990 Aug;48(8):297-309. Review. [PMID: 2080048]
- Lai YN, Yeh SL, Lin MT, Shang HF, Yeh CL, Chen WJ. Glutamine supplementation enhances mucosal immunity in rats with Gut-Derived sepsis. 2004 Mar;20(3):286-91. PMID: 14990270
- Barch DH, Rundhaugen LM, Stoner GD, et al. Structure-function relationships of the dietary anticarcinogen ellagic acid. Carcinogenesis. 1996 Feb;17(2):265-9. [PMID: 8625448]
- Girish C, Koner BC, Jayanthi S, et al. Hepatoprotective activity of picroliv, curcumin and ellagic acid compared to silymarin on paracetamol induced liver toxicity in mice. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2009 Dec;23(6):735-45. [PMID: 19656205]
- Rose P, Faulkner K, Williamson G, et al. 7-Methylsulfinylheptyl and 8-methylsulfinyloctyl isothiocyanates from watercress are potent inducers of phase II enzymes. Carcinogenesis. 2000 Nov;21(11):1983-8. [PMID: 11062158]
- Hofmann T, Kuhnert A, Schubert A, et al. Modulation of detoxification enzymes by watercress: in vitro and in vivo investigations in human peripheral blood cells. Eur J Nutr. 2009 Dec;48(8):483-91. [PMID: 19636603]
- Akhlaghi M, Bandy B. Dietary green tea extract increases phase 2 enzyme activities in protecting against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion. Nutr Res. 2010 Jan;30(1):32-39. [PMID: 20116658]
- Garg R, Gupta S, Maru GB. Dietary curcumin modulates transcriptional regulators of phase I and phase II enzymes in benzo[a]pyrene-treated mice: mechanism of its anti-initiating action. Carcinogenesis. 2008 May;29(5):1022- 32. [PMID: 18321868]
- Amália PM, Possa MN, Augusto MC, et al. Quercetin prevents oxidative stress in cirrhotic rats. Dig Dis Sci. 2007 Oct;52(10):2616-21. [PMID: 17431769]
- Medical and Nutritional Aspects of Citrus BioflavonoidsLink Here
† These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
I buy lots of supplements from Dr. Jockers and have always trusted the quality, however my first time order of this product just arrived and upon reading the ingredients I see that sunflower oil is one of the ingredients. It is my understanding that seed oils are quite harmful so I am very surprised to see it in this product.
Hey Dusty, Sunflower oil is superior in countering the gritty mouthfeel from pea protein, rice protein, and flaxseed powder. When it is used in reasonable amounts, sunflower oil is considered a beneficial option. The sunflower oil in Gut Healing Protein is solvent and pesticide free, US made, Non-GMO Project verified and Certified Kosher & Halal.
Was trying to find information on ending my 21 day water only fast and landed on Dr. Jockers site. It had the information I was looking for, plus ordered the gut healing protein. What a great product with also great information from Dr. Jockers instructions and was such a good product I ordered more. Thank you doctor for this great product. God Bless you and your family!
Love the way this makes me feel and tastes great as well.
Husband had serious GI problems last November. During the healing process, he began taking Gut Healing Protein ( making a shake with it using coconut milk, bananas, plus several other things). This shake became part of his morning and lunch meal and now he wouldn't go without it. He makes up the shake in a Blendjet and takes it to work with him. Re-blends it at lunch. Even took it on vacation with us. He absolutely will not go without it. Recently shared info and product with it a co-worker who was diagnosed with colon cancer. Really great product!
I have given this to my sister and daughter - who were both having gut issues. This Gut Healing Protein has really helped them - they are both seeing lots of improvement. I highly recommend this product!
Hey Donna, So glad to hear the good news. Thanks for sharing!