- 100% Secure Payments & Shipping
- 60 Day No-Hassle Money Back Guarantee
- All Supplements are Gluten-Free and GMO-Free
Our society has an energy crisis! We demand so much from ourselves but often don’t allow the necessary nutrients and rest to create the high performance energy we need to meet the expectations we and the rest of the world has on us.
Functional beverages and energy drinks are all the rage. The vast majority of these functional beverages contain several dangerous ingredients. These include sugar, high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, preservatives, & synthetic vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
They are often times loaded up with stimulants that create an artificially induced energy rush. These drinks may contain certain anti-oxidants and other unique nutrients; however, the chemical residue is highly toxic.
I have been searching for the ultimate energy drink for myself and my clients that would provide a great natural energy surge without the toxic ingredients, caffeine let-down and nasty taste!
I have finally found it in our new product – Energy Charge!
What is Energy Charge?
Energy Charge™ transforms water into a great-tasting, revitalizing energy drink. Each stick provides a combination of B vitamins, electrolytes, trace minerals, amino acids, herbs, and antioxidants to fuel your body’s energy production.
Building on these important nutrients, Energy Charge also features Purenergy™, a technology-driven, patent-protected ingredient that combines caffeine and pTeroPure® pterostilbene. Initial reports suggest that Purenergy’s caffeine may be absorbed more slowly and stay in your system longer than regular caffeine, which may help your energy last longer.
With just 5 g of carbohydrate per serving and zero sugars, Energy Charge simply gives your body what it needs to produce energy.
Purenergy is an innovative patent-protected ingredient that combines caffeine with pTeroPure® pterostilbene—a highly bioavailable analog of resveratrol—to form a unique co-crystal structure. It appears that this unique structure affects the way the body utilizes caffeine. As such, it may offer significant advantages over caffeine alone.
In a rat study (n=6), the half-life of the caffeine from Purenergy was eight hours, while that of ordinary caffeine was just three hours. In a preliminary, four-week, singleblind, crossover human study (n=12) that compared 232 mg of Purenergy (providing 99.76 mg of caffeine) to 100 mg of ordinary caffeine, the following effects were demonstrated[2,3]:
Purenergy delivered almost 30% more caffeine into the blood than ordinary caffeine.
The absorption rate of the caffeine from Purenergy was significantly slower by approximately 30% compared to ordinary caffeine.
The half-life of the caffeine from Purenergy was extended significantly by approximately 25% compared to ordinary caffeine.
At 4 hours, serum showed 45% more caffeine from Purenergy compared to ordinary caffeine.
At 6 hours, serum showed 51% more caffeine from Purenergy compared to ordinary caffeine.
Purenergy had no adverse effect.
While the results of these studies are promising, larger studies are needed to validate the findings and determine if these findings translate into a lengthened energy effect.
Taken together, data from these studies suggest that the effects of caffeine from Purenergy may last longer than the effects from ordinary caffeine and point to a potential for reducing total caffeine intake due to Purenergy’s more efficient delivery and slower absorption rate. These are encouraging factors for people who wish to reduce their caffeine intake.
Slower Caffeine “Finish:”
Scientists are researching whether or not the extended half-life and slower absorption rate of caffeine from Purenergy can produce a more moderated and gradual finish. This may help prevent the “crash” associated with regular caffeinated energy products and may give Energy Charge an advantage over formulas that use ordinary caffeine.
All-Natural, No Sugars
Energy Charge relies on natural ingredients, not ephedra or artificial stimulants. Furthermore, it provides only five grams of carbohydrates and zero sugars. By using natural flavors and stevia in place of sugar and other carbohydrates, the typical “sugar high” that is associated with many energy drinks can be avoided. Equally important, Energy Charge contains no artificial colors.
Caffeine, in General:
According to Meeusen et al, research on caffeine suggests its performance-enhancing effect is related to antagonism of the adenosine receptors that influence the dopaminergic and other neurotransmitter systems. 
In the aforementioned human study, Purenergy also delivered approximately 50% more total pterostilbene into the blood than pTeroPure delivered alone, thus potentially enhancing the functional benefits of pterostilbene. Pterostilbene is a highly bioavailable analog of resveratrol—a stilbenoid found in blueberries and grapes.
Compared to resveratrol, pterostilbene is four times more bioavailable, has a seven times greater half-life, exhibits greater oral absorption and metabolic stability (pterostilbene is more lipophilic), and produces two to four times greater cellular uptake.
Aside from resveratrol’s well-known antioxidant benefits that support cardiovascular health, pterostilbene is also known to activate certain proteins (i.e., SIRT1 and PGC-1α) involved in increasing mitochondrial biogenesis and therefore ATP (energy) production. [13-15]
Electrolytes and Antioxidants:
Electrolytes—including sodium, potassium, and magnesium—are important for energy production, nerve transmission, muscle contractions, pH balance, fluid balance, and more. Conditions that promote excessive sweating and increased metabolic activity can require replacement of these important minerals and increase the need for antioxidants. Energy Charge provides 130 mg of sodium, 280 mg of potassium, and 150 mg of magnesium in each serving.
To support protection from free radicals, Energy Charge provides 500 mg of vitamin C in the form of four mineral ascorbates, as well as natural vitamin E, selenium, green tea extract, and s-acetyl-L-glutathione (SAG). SAG is an orally stable glutathione that has been shown to cross the membrane of the mitochondria, which increases the organelle’s activity and helps minimize reactive oxygen species.
Herbs and Amino Acids
Energy Charge combines Purenergy in a proprietary blend with various herbs and amino acids, including green tea extract, coffee fruit extract, taurine, and L-arginine alphaketoglutarate. This proprietary blend is designed to complement the activities of Purenergy.
Furthermore, some of these individual ingredients taken in high doses have roles in mitochondrial biogenesis or are known to have a positive influence on exercise performance.
As essential parts of coenzymes, these water-soluble nutrients are integral to the complex biochemical processes that convert food to glucose and ATP—the energy used by cells.
Vitamin B12 also works closely with folate to help make red blood cells and facilitate the work of iron in the body. Iron helps carry oxygen to all cells, including muscle cells, for use in the generation of energy.
Why I Love This Product:
Energy charge gives me a feeling of euphoria in a natural and healthy way. The nutrients support mitochondrial function and anti-aging while allowing my brain to function at peak performance.
In each bottle you get 30 servings, which is roughly $2 per day. You simply pour the mix into water and drink (it tastes great – like a fruit punch). This price is better than most of the toxic energy drinks on the market!
The value of this product to improve your life is extraordinary! Try it for yourself and see what you have been missing!
- Single-dose comparative pharmacokinetic study of pterostilbene, caffeine and combination of pterostilbene caffeine co-crystal in SD rats by oral route. Study report. Study No: VLL/0912/NG/D033; Version No.: 1.0. Genome Valley, Hyderabad, India: Vimta Labs Limited; November 2012:1-25. [on file]
- A crossover, clinical evaluation to determine the relative bioavailability, pharmacokinetics and safety of PURENERGY™ and pTeroPure® in healthy adult males. PK study summary. Miami, FL/Irvine, CA: Miami Research Associates/ChromaDex Inc.; 2013:1-34. [on file]
- Purenergy™: A novel next-generation caffeine alternative. Irvine, CA: ChromaDex Inc.; September 10, 2014:1-5. [on file]
- Stadheim HK, Spencer M, Olsen R, et al. Caffeine and performance over consecutive days of simulated competition. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2014 Sep;46(9):1787-96. [PMID: 25134002]
- Pérez-López A, Salinero JJ, Abian-Vicen J, et al. Caffeinated energy drinks improve volleyball performance in elite female players. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2014 Jul 18. [Epub ahead of print] [PMID: 2505139]
- Burke LM. Caffeine and sports performance. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2008 Dec;33(6):1319-34. [PMID: 19088794]
- Costa MS, Botton PH, Mioranzza S, et al. Caffeine improves adult mice performance in the object recognition task and increases BDNF and TrkB independent on phospho-CREB immunocontent in the hippocampus. Neurochem Int. 2008 Sep;53(3-4):89-94. [PMID: 18620014]
- Ronen A, Oron-Gilad T, Gershon P. The combination of short rest and energy drink consumption as fatigue countermeasures during a prolonged drive of professional truck drivers. J Safety Res. 2014 Jun;49:39-43. [PMID: 24913484]
- Meeusen R, Roelands B, Spriet LL. Caffeine, exercise and the brain. Nestle Nutr Inst Workshop Ser. 2013;76:1-12. [PMID: 23899750]
- Kapetanovic IM, Muzzio M, Huang Z, et al. Pharmacokinetics, oral bioavailability, and metabolic profile of resveratrol and its dimethylether analog, pterostilbene, in rats. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2011 Sep;68(3):593-601. [PMID: 21116625]
- Remsberg CM, Yáñez JA, Ohgami Y, et al. Pharmacometrics of pterostilbene: preclinical pharmacokinetics and metabolism, anticancer, antiinflammatory, antioxidant and analgesic activity. Phytother Res. 2008 Feb;22(2):169-79. [PMID: 17726731]
- Nutakul W, Sobers HS, Qiu P, et al. Inhibitory effects of resveratrol and pterostilbene on human colon cancer cells: a side-by-side comparison. J Agric Food Chem. 2011 Oct 26;59(20):10964-70. [PMID: 21936500]
- Ljubicic V, Burt M, Lunde JA, et al. Resveratrol induces expression of the slow, oxidative phenotype in mdx mouse muscle together with enhanced activity of the SIRT1-PGC-1α axis. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2014 Jul 1;307(1):C66-82. [PMID: 24760981]
- Jian B, Yang S, Chaudry IH, et al. Resveratrol restores sirtuin 1 (SIRT1) activity and pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 1 (PDK1) expression after hemorrhagic injury in a rat model. Mol Med. 2014 Mar 13;20:10-6. [PMID: 24395567]
- Alcaín FJ, Villalba JM. Sirtuin activators. Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2009 Apr;19(4):403-14. Review. [PMID: 19441923]
- Campbell B, Roberts M, Kerksick C, et al. Pharmacokinetics, safety, and effects on exercise performance of L-arginine alpha-ketoglutarate in trained adult men. Nutrition. 2006 Sep;22(9):872-81. [PMID: 16928472]
- Flôres MF, Martins A, Schimidt HL, et al. Effects of green tea and physical exercise on memory impairments associated with aging. Neurochem Int. 2014 Sep 6. [PMID: 25195719]
- Pandareesh MD, Anand T. Ergogenic effect of dietary L-carnitine and fat supplementation against exercise induced physical fatigue in Wistar rats. J Physiol Biochem. 2013 Dec;69(4):799-809. [PMID: 23661316]
Additional references available upon request