I noticed a difference within just 1 week of taking Dr. Jockers Brain Calm Magnesium.
My ability to focus and get more work done really improved. Highly recommend!
- Timothy Smith
Read our customer reviews and you'll see why our clients agree these are...
Supplements You Can
Brain fog - lowered brain energy and memory problems - is a major problem in our society. If you are suffering with these symptoms, you may have weak acetylcholine production. This neurotransmitter is found in the memory regions of the brain, the temporal lobes and hippocampus. Acetylcholine is also an important component in digestive function and helps to activate gut motility. Low acetylcholine levels are displayed with both memory challenges and sluggish digestive function. Here are the symptoms of low acetylcholine.
Biggest Factors Involved In Reducing Acetylcholine Levels:
Compounds That Support Acetylcholine:
Huperzine A (HupA):
This substance has been found to support healthy learning and memory. Huperzine A is the number one compound that increases acetylcholine levels.
Acetylcholine is one of the chemicals that our nerves use to communicate in the brain, muscles, and other areas. HupA has been found to support healthy cognition in a broad range of animal models, and phase IV clinical trials in China demonstrated that HupA was valuable in promoting healthy recall and cognition in elderly subjects (16).
Vitamins B6 (as pyridoxal 5’-phosphate), B12 (as methylcobalamin), and folate (as 5-MTHF) are essential homocysteine remethylation cofactors; as such, they support the maintenance of healthy homocysteine levels.
Normal blood levels of homocysteine are associated with healthy cognition in the elderly and healthy cerebrovascular function (1). The brain may be protected by improving methylation by providing the nutritional cofactors needed for proper functioning of the methionine cycle (2).
5-MTHF (5-methyltetrahydrofolate) may better support folate nutrition in those with digestive issues and those with genetic variations in folic acid metabolism. The form of 5-MTHF in MemorAll is Quatrefolic, which is proven to have greater stability, solubility, and bioavailability over calcium salt forms of 5-MTHF.
This is capable of crossing the blood-brain barrier and is known to combat oxidative stress, and reduced oxidative stress may support healthier nerve tissue (3). L-carnitine is a vital cofactor for mitochondrial oxidation of fatty acids providing the brain with an energy substrate.
This is an ester of L-carnitine, possesses properties that is involved with mitochondrial energy production. Studies have shown that low L-carnitine levels are associated with memory loss and that supplementing with L-carnitine is effective in supporting healthy cognition (4, 5).
The phospholipid phosphatidylserine (PS) plays an important functional role in membrane-related processes in the brain and regulates the release of acetylcholine, dopamine, and noradrenaline.
PS appears to support neuronal health and healthy brain function, possibly through its effect on cytokine production and their influence on microglia (6).
Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract:
This contains two main bioactive constituents— ginkgoflavonglycosides (24%) and terpene lactones (6%)—and is used in the formula because of its reported stress-alleviating and memory-supportive effects as well as its ability to support the health and integrity of neurons.
The mechanisms of action may be mediated through its antioxidant, antihypoxic, and microcirculatory actions (7).
This Ayurvedic herb has reported cognition facilitating, cytokine-modulating, and anti-stress effects. These effects are thought to be mediated through its remarkable free-radical– scavenging capacity and its protective effect on DNA cleavage (8).
This is derived from vincamine, an alkaloid extracted from the periwinkle plant (Vinca minor). It has been used extensively in Eastern Europe, and more recently in the United States, to support cerebrovascular health and healthy mental function.
Vinpocetine’s roles in supporting brain function are multi-modal and include its influence on cerebral circulation, its antioxidant activity in the brain, and its role in affecting ion channels and cytokine production (9-11).
Together, these varied actions support overall brain tissue health and function. The efficacy and safety of vinpocetine have been tested and validated by in vitro, and animal studies.
When I Use Memory Charge:
This is a fantastic supplement to use if you are struggling with your memory. It helps to improve the speed of cognitive processing and overall short and long-term recall.
In addition, it is great for relieving headaches and migraines by improving overall blood flow into the brain and reducing neurological inflammation.
I use this with my clients suffering from memory conditions and stroke related brain damage. It can help improve many of the symptoms these individuals experience.
Finally, it is also useful for improving bowel motility in individuals who are struggling with solid stool.
- Malouf R, Grimley Evans J. The effect of vitamin B6 on cognition. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2003;(4):CD004393. [PMID: 14584010]
- Miller AL. The methionine-homocysteine cycle and its effects on cognitive diseases. Altern Med Rev. 2003 Feb;8(1):7-19. [PMID: 12611557]
- Farr SA, Poon HF, Dogrukol-Ak D, et al. The antioxidants alpha-lipoic acid and N-acetylcysteine reverse memory impairment and brain oxidative stress in aged SAMP8 mice. J Neurochem. 2003 Mar;84(5):1173-83. [PMID: 12603840]
- Virmani A, Binienda Z. Role of carnitine esters in brain neuropathology. Mol Aspects Med. 2004 Oct-Dec;25(5-6):533-49. [PMID: 15363640]
- Milgram NW, Araujo JA, Hagen TM, et al. Acetyl-L-carnitine and alpha-lipoic acid supplementation of aged beagle dogs improves learning in two landmark discrimination tests. FASEB J. 2007 Nov;21(13):3756-62. [PMID: 17622567]
- Hashioka S, Han YH, Fujii S, et al. Phosphatidylserine and phosphatidylcholinecontaining liposomes inhibit amyloid beta and interferon-gamma-induced microglial activation. Free Radic Biol Med. 2007 Apr;42(7):945-54. [PMID: 17349923]
- Mahadevan S, Park Y. Multifaceted therapeutic benefits of Ginkgo biloba L.: chemistry, efficacy, safety, and uses. J Food Sci. 2008 Jan;73(1):R14-19. [PMID: 18211362]
- Russo A, Izzo AA, Borrelli F, et al. Free radical scavenging capacity and protective effect of Bacopa monniera L. on DNA damage. Phytother Res. 2003 Sep;17(8):870-75. [PMID: 13680815]
- Hadjiev D. Asymptomatic ischemic cerebrovascular disorders and neuroprotection with vinpocetine. Ideggyogy Sz. 2003 May;56(5-6):166-72. [PMID: 12861957]
- Muravyov AV, Yakusevich VV, Chuchkanov FA, et al. Hemorheological efficiency of drugs, targeting on intracellular phosphodiesterase activity: in vitro study. Clin Hemorheol Microcirc. 2007;36(4):327-34. [PMID: 17502703]
- Vinpocetine. Monograph. Altern Med Rev. 2002 Jun;7(3):240-43. [PMID: 12126465]
- Valikovics A. Investigation of the effect of vinpocetine on cerebral blood flow and cognitive functions [in Hungarian]. Ideggyogy Sz. 2007 Jul;60(7-8):301- 10. [PMID: 17713111]
- Chukanova EI. Efficacy of cavinton in the treatment of patients with chronic blood flow insufficiency. Russian multicenter clinical-epidemiological program “CALIPSO” [in Russian]. Zh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova. 2010;110(12):49-52. [PMID: 21311488]
- Chukanova EI. Cavinton in the complex treatment of patients with chronic cerebrovascular insufficiency [in Russian]. Zh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova. 2009;109(9):35-39. [PMID: 19770831]
- Bagoly E, Fehér G, Szapáry L. The role of vinpocetine in the treatment of cerebrovascular diseases based in human studies [in Hungarian]. Orv Hetil. 2007 Jul;148(29):1353-58. [PMID: 17631470]
- Wang R, Yan H, Tang XC. Progress in studies of huperzine A, a natural cholinesterase inhibitor from Chinese herbal medicine. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2006 Jan;27(1):1-26. [PMID: 16364207] Additional references available upon request
Select Your Options & Add to Cart
† These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Great product for memory and cognition. My husband and I have used it for years !